Welcome to the Proxy Update, your source of news and information on Proxies and their role in network security.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

A sure sign of the times

Like many others, I'm not at Interop this week. At first I was thinking it was just me, but as I've heard from others, quotes like "This is the first Interop I haven't attended since 1995", I realized there is definitely a significant impact the economy is having on how many people are at the show this year. With Twitter updates, live floor webcams, event photos on Flickr, chat rooms, Interop TV and blog updates from the show floor, maybe there's not even a need to go this year.

As someone who's attended Interop since 1992, it's certainly strange not to be there this year. While the predictions on whether tech shows will survive remain mixed, there I'll always have a soft spot for Interop.

No comments: