Welcome to the Proxy Update, your source of news and information on Proxies and their role in network security.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

How to Get IPv6 Now?

With all the hype around running out of IPv4 address space you'd think it'd be easy to find resources to help you move to IPv6.

I've already talked in previous posts about how the Blue Coat ProxySG serves as an IPv4 to IPv6 proxy, but I haven't found much other information about getting to IPv6 until I came across this post on Cisco's Blog by Phil Remaker.

Remaker includes a lot of good links to resources for those who don't know where to begin with IPv6.

2 comments:

Hinky said...

SQUID 3.1.11 does the IPv4->IPv6 (and IPv6->IPv4) proxy trick quite well.

ipv6.cnn.com is slightly flaky (them or me?), but I get a 10/10 from test-ipv6.com on IPv4-only clients.

I was quite surprised it was so easy to set up using a 6in4 tunnel from Hurricane Electric.

Hinky said...

I have a 6in4 tunnel from Hurricane Electric and a SQUID 3.1.11 proxy and I'm getting a score of 10/10 from test-ipv6.com regardless of whether the client is IPv4-only, IPv6-only or dual stack.

I thought this was supposed to be difficult.

Maybe vendors just want you to think it is.